Was issued refund on eBay via Paypal yet I don't see any refunds being processed.

fatboy26david
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I was recently issued a refund on eBay via PayPal yet the funds have not shown up in my wallet. I checked the activity page and filtered activity to display Refunds yet I was given no results. I assume if the refund was issued via PayPal then the funds would show up instantly, or atleast a progress of pending funds would be displayed within the activity menu, no?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

What was the funding source of the original payment?  If it was a credit card then the funds would be pushed back to that credit card.  If you look at the transaction details of the original payment it should provide more info on the refund to verify the refund did indeed occur.  

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

fatboy26david
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply... So the only information as to the payment used towards the original transation shows in a message  I recieved from ebay upon requesting a cancellation of the item. All this message says is "Payment Details: Paypal". It doesn't specify whether it was through debit under paypal or direct from PayPal wallet, just "PayPal". The listing of the transaction under "Purchase History" of eBay has changed the status of this order to "Cancelled Order", but without indication original purchase method. However, upon switching "Purchase History" layout to the "new" layout, I was able to view the "Order Details" page of the original transaction that was now classified as "Cancelled". According to this page the original payment method was by "Credit Card". Why is it that this page displays the original payment method as Credit Card, yet the message I recieved that confirms the cancellation AND refund of my order shows the payment method as "PayPal"?? How do I determine which is the authentic payment method as well as the authentic refund method?? And if it was orignally purchased and thus refunded by Credit Card, I used my Debit card, so would I be checking my bank statements to find the refund? 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you used a card,it goes back to the card,if bank fund,it would stay in your Paypal account.

card refund could take up to 30 days,but usually 3-7 days.

Login to Me Too

fatboy26david
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the replies. Would anyone here happen to know of a way to find out for sure which payment method the refund is being disbursed through? I can't seem to find anything conclusive given the lack of information available at my disposable on eBay. Like I said, through my "Purchase History", I'm given an Order Details page that indicates a payment method by Credit Card, yet the "Message" I recieved from ebay confirming my cancellation of the order and refund shows a Order Summary with a Payment Method of Paypal... This is very confusing..

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You don't know how you paid? It sounds like you used PayPal and selected a credit card as the funding source, in which case you would see the transaction in your PayPal account Activity page. If you used a credit card directly in the eBay checkout then you would have to check your CC statement.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.