Visa Gift Card

Christian4ever
New Community Member

Hello! I was wondering if there is any way to use a Visa gift card to add funds to a paypal account.  Thank you for the time and help! God belss

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Nope, can only add cash to PayPal account with your bank account, PayPal Cash at the register or PayPal My Cash Card.  

You may be able to add the card to your PayPal account and use the card to make purchases.  Register the Visa gift card at the site on back of card with the same user account info as on PayPal.  Then add and confirm the card in the Wallet page.  PayPal will make a test charge on the card to validate it and you enter the PayPal code from the charge found at your registered Visa gift card account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Christian4ever
New Community Member

Thank you for the reply and information!  Looking into buying something that is more than what is currently on the gift card, so was wondering how we could pay with more than one method or add the gift card funds and other funds from a debit card/bank account to my pp account.  Thank you again for the help!  God bless

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The amount on the Visa gift card must cover the entire purchase or it will be declined.

You can add money to your PayPal account from your bank account first (can't use debit or credit card), and at checkout, pay with your PayPal balance and then see if it lets you select your added and confirmed Visa gift card as back up to your PayPal Balance.  

Your backup payment method can be a linked bank account, debit or credit card, or PayPal credit product so not sure it will work with Visa prepaid gift card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.