Verification of Address

Apple2phile
Contributor
Contributor

I am a buyer. I have been online by phone with customer service twice in the past 2 days and they have been able to resolve NOTHING! All I get is excuses and the blaming of computer systems and that it might take days to resolve the issue.Are you effing kidding me! 

This is the first time this has happened. I have used this merchant in the past with absolutely no problems. Now when i attempt to check out it says the merchant requires my address to be verfied. I cannot check out!  I have not had this issue in the past as a guest but I couldn't even get that to work on Dec 9.

These are the same settings i have had since 2010 and the two addresses (Billing and Shipping to my office) are on file with my credit  card company. We went through and updated the addresses to the new USPS service format (in USA) and updated the card number and the like but no shipping info has changed.

Can someone that actually knows something tell me how to get this issue resolved,?  I only have a limited amount of time to get this issue resolved. 

How does an address even get verified? There should be enough COMPETENCE to know if an address has be in use for 6 years it just might be VALID!

How long does this process take?

Is this a merchant issue ot paypal issue?

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Tell the merchant to go to their seller prefs to the Block Payments settings and adjust the first setting on that page regarding payments from confirmed addresses to "ask me" and see if that lets you complete payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

Apple2phile
Contributor
Contributor

Sharpie,

Thanks.

I got the payment to go through. The mercant cancelled the old request and sent a new one. Still I was only able to send payment after going to Send and Request. Once in that mode I had a new option - address not needed. I was only able to get payment to go through after seelcting the Address not Needed option.

So for the doubters - yes there are forum members with quick answers and solution and not smart alec comments that can actually help people.

Thanks Again SharpieMaker!!!!!!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Apple2phile

No idea, ask customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Apple2phile
Contributor
Contributor

Hahahaahha

I have already tried that twice. No fix to the issue.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Apple2phile

Exactly, so if customer services can't sort it out for you then why do you think a community forum can..........hahaha.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Tell the merchant to go to their seller prefs to the Block Payments settings and adjust the first setting on that page regarding payments from confirmed addresses to "ask me" and see if that lets you complete payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Apple2phile
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Sharpie,

I'll contact the merchant,  Thanks for being helpful during this frustration,

Login to Me Too
Solved

Apple2phile
Contributor
Contributor

Sharpie,

Thanks.

I got the payment to go through. The mercant cancelled the old request and sent a new one. Still I was only able to send payment after going to Send and Request. Once in that mode I had a new option - address not needed. I was only able to get payment to go through after seelcting the Address not Needed option.

So for the doubters - yes there are forum members with quick answers and solution and not smart alec comments that can actually help people.

Thanks Again SharpieMaker!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sharpiemarker

Well done sharpie   Smiley Happy kudos given.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.