Vanilla Visa Gift Card Refund

austindecker29
New Community Member

I was trying to send money to my friend and sent way to much money. I sent 50$ and he refunded me the money, at which point it showed up as refund complete under my history. I before linked a visa vanilla gift card to my paypal to send him the money over paypal. Will i get my money back because it doesnt show upfor me9b85698d82bbd19264df1260195d052a.png

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If your Vsnilla card is still linked to PayPal the refund will go back on the card.  Check your card terms and conditions for the specific amount of time it takes for a refund to appear on your card although for most card payment refunds take up to 30 days depending on the card company.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

austindecker29
New Community Member

It says on the back of the card, non-reloadable. does that mean the money cant go back on the card

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Look up your card and read the terms regarding refunds.

https://www.onevanilla.com/home.html?csrfToken=MdRphKJTfppwCnhUnmhAEI14TZDA5uIN

Non-reloadable means you cannot add money but if it is a refund the terms may be different.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

NickSFreeland13
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently purchased in item online using paypal with a vanilla gift card as my payment. Issues occurred with the fraudelnt seller and my money was refunded and I recieved an online receipt for it in my email, but when I went to trace the money they said it would be sent to my card I used. I went to the balance of the vanilla gift card and it has not been refunded, must I contact or do I just have to wait 1-30 days?

Login to Me Too

JVCKRS
Contributor
Contributor

I think you have to wait

Login to Me Too

djyoloz101
New Community Member

I also have a similar problem, I've tried contacting the vanilla visa gift card but they won't let me communicate with an actual person to consult about this. I have a non-reloadable vanilla visa gift card, and a seller refunded me because I sent the incorrect amount, will I actually get the money back and wait (it's been 3 days since they refunded me) or what should I do if that's not the case. I really want my money back.

Login to Me Too

BabyZombie13130
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a similar issue. Did the money ever go back onto your card? If so about how long did it take? 

Login to Me Too

kayddd
Contributor
Contributor
i'm having the same issue, did you ever get your money back and how long did it take?
Login to Me Too

yobobby

having the same issue... lost a $100 to this... if any of you got refunded please let me know for reassurance 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.