Using paypal to pay for things online

Jennapaull
New Community Member
I booked bowling the other night online and when i went to pay it said pay with paypal, so i did for quickness. However i did not have any money in my paypal account so it just chose my bank account and it come up saying its charged to that but the money has not came out my bank account at all. Just confused as to where its been charged or if i need to move money over or if I'll be charged for this.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jennapaull

When you pay a seller its never instant (unless you have funds in your paypal balance), paypal credit the funds upfront for you to the seller / receiver.

This is so there is no delay in sending any items you 'may' be buying.

Then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account or card.

The funds can 'leave' your bank account at anytime from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jennapaull

When you pay a seller its never instant (unless you have funds in your paypal balance), paypal credit the funds upfront for you to the seller / receiver.

This is so there is no delay in sending any items you 'may' be buying.

Then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account or card.

The funds can 'leave' your bank account at anytime from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.