Using my PayPal Balance to pay for ebay purchase

leetowerdawg
Contributor
Contributor

Have been using my paypal balance to pay for ebay purchases. Now all of a sudden, when I try to use my paypal balance to make a ebay purchase, its declined. I email paypal and ask why, and of course I get the automated replay that is of no help what so ever. Question is, why cant I use my paypal balance. I am not over any limits.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leetowerdawg

Sometimes they stop you using your balance if you don't have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leetowerdawg

Sometimes they stop you using your balance if you don't have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

leetowerdawg
Contributor
Contributor

Well I thought your solution may have worked but nope, they still will not let me use my funds in my paypal balance. This is getting so tiring. Have to wait to get my money, even though positive feedback and confirmation of delivery has been received, and when something is released I cant use it. Really?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leetowerdawg

ok some more thoughts, have you got your balance set as your prefered primary funding source? Check by clicking on settings (icon next to log out) > payments in the blue band > scroll down to your prefered way to pay > online > set balance.

If thats ok then are the funds in your paypal balanace in the correct currency for the folks you are trying to pay.

Also are the funds in  your balance cleared and not pending?

Lastly are you using PAD at all?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

leetowerdawg
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, Yes, and Yes. All settings are just as you described.  Funds are cleared not in holding. I have some in both.

PAD? Payment Accounts Directive??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leetowerdawg

PAD = pay after delivery.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.