Using PayPal Credit to pay for an item.

colinscott1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, recently I've been interested in buying a product, I currently do not have the funds avaliable in my bank account to cover it though. If I were to use PayPal credit (which I am signed up for and is ready to be used) in the way I describe below, would this work?

*The item costs $500

*I have $300 of that $500. 

*I can't send PayPal credit funds to myself, and as far as I'm aware, I cannot use both on the same checkout, you use EITHER your account/bank balance OR paypal credit. 

*However, you CAN send money to friends/family using PayPal credit, and it should show up as a normal PayPal balance on their account.

*PayPal credit currently allows me $250 in credit purchases. 

So, there's the details. Here what I am suggesting I do. Send my current $300 that I do have to another PayPal account, and send the remaining money needed ($200) to that account as well. I then buy the item through the account that should now have full funds, and then pay off the paypal credit balance on my normal account- which, if I do so within 6 months, should give me NO INTEREST.

Would this work or is it even worth the effort, and is there anything incorrect or that I'm not understanding fully here?

One more thing. I have heard of people having problems when trying to make payments off towards their PayPal credit balances. With some small (under $5) transactions I've accidentally had PayPal Credit selected and I seemed to pay those off no problem through my paypal account. Would this transaction be any different?

Thank you in advance 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Recommendation:  Don't spend any more money until you have your financial situation under control.

Sending money to another account as a way of withrawing funds to yourself can get your account limited or suspended.

Just becasue you have a PPC balance doesn't mean you can use it.  It will only be avialable when offered at time of purchase IF all conditions are met.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Recommendation:  Don't spend any more money until you have your financial situation under control.

Sending money to another account as a way of withrawing funds to yourself can get your account limited or suspended.

Just becasue you have a PPC balance doesn't mean you can use it.  It will only be avialable when offered at time of purchase IF all conditions are met.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.