Using PayPal Credit along with a card

sam130
Contributor
Contributor

I've searched, but I can't find any answers.

When making a purchase is there a way for me to use my avaliable credit, then the remaining balance with a card?

Say I'm planning a $300 purchase, could I use the $150 of my available credit, then pay $150 with a credit/debit card? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

creditfightrer
Contributor
Contributor

Before you use 2 cards to make 1 purchase, request an increase first on your PayPal Credit Card. If you have been in good standings and made payments on time for a while, you should have a good chance for an increase. HOWEVER, DO NOT OVER-EXTEND YOUR CREDIT---Make sure you can make all the payments, on all your accounts. That's because if you get an increase, say $1,000 (One-Thousand Dollars), you only needed $300, so that gives you $700 more but at the same time, higher payments if you charge more. This makes it harder for a lot of people. So, make sure you will not get into a crunch making higher payments. So, make sure you can make the payments with either an increase of both cards combined without feeling a "crunch" or "squeeze" because money will be tight. The best way to avoid that issue is do not buy it at all until you have your PayPal Credit Card paid down. Who knows, within a few months a newer version will come out and the price for the older version will decrease.

If you use both cards, there are 2 ways to do it -- Before you do this first option -- Make sure you know or trust the seller you are buying from. If you do, you need to notify the seller and see if they will accept 2 payments---get it in writing. You go to PayPal and pay the first half of $150. Print out the receipt and file it. Make sure you get a copy from the seller with the first payment. Once that has gone through, normally within 24-48 hours, you apply for the second payment, through PayPal with the different card. Print out the second receipt, and the balance is now zero. DO NOT DO THIS with some seller you have never dealt with--because if you never dealt with them--how honest are they to you? That's why I do not suggest this way.

On a lot of today cards, you can make a "cash advance" but it may have a high-interest rate on it. Add that to your bank account you have on PayPal and you can make 1 payment. OR look on Amazon and other reliable companies and do a Google, Yahoo, Bing, MSN, Firefox Search or other search engines, you can find either another similar product or the same product for a cheaper price.  Good Luck

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi sam130,

Great question - there's no way to split one payment to a merchant between multiple funding sources. The only exception to this is if you have a PayPal balance (not related to your credit line), which would be used before your other payment source when making the purchase. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.