Urgent help regarding transfer funds from bank account to Paypal

DMilanV
Contributor
Contributor

I have a negative balance on my paypal account and was sent an email Nov. 22 saying my bank will be charged the amount owing, i have immediately made a transfer from my bank account to cover the negative balance and the money should be covering it on Dec. 1st. But yesterday, my bank card was charged the same money but it did not cover the paypal balance, i dont even know why it took the money from my bank because it was supposed to be done on Dec. 1st.  I want to know if my bank will be charged AGAIN on Dec. 1st with the same amount. I tried calling paypal support but i couldnt even speak to an agent to help me in my issues, i tried emailing paypal support 3-4 times with NO response.

Someone please help me, i really need to get this fixed because paypal is taking money from my bank account almost everyday now.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DMilanV

Takes a few days to sort the neg balance and paypal have to wait a few days for it to transfer to your paypal account.

So your transfer and paypals transfer may be transfering together and whoevers gets their first clears the neg balance and the other will be credited as a positive balance for you to spend or withdraw again to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When PayPal sends a request to your bank for funds it's already too late for you to do anything.  The request is already on the way to the bank on the 22.  You would need to have funds in your PayPal acocunt by the 22nd.  You did not, so the bank request is made.  So now you  request money taken from your bank account to PayPal; that money will immediately be taken out of the bank, but it will be days until it arrives in your PayPal account.

Since the money is not avaiable in your PayPal acocunt on the 22nd, PayPal now goes for the next less risky option, you backup funding.

Nothing you do since the transfers were already started.  You need to wait until all the transfers are complete.

Sound confusing, well your statements don't follow a chronology that makes sense.

The problem is that you didn't settle the negative PayPal balance before your got a notice.  This also makes your bank account a risky source of funds.

How was you bank card charged?  Bank cards don't have money; they take money from the bank.

Login to Me Too

DMilanV
Contributor
Contributor

Well, on the 22nd, right when i received a negative balance i was sent an email with that notice, so i went straight ahead and made a transfer of that money from my bank which will settle on Dec. 1st. But yesterday on Nov. 23, my bank was charged the same amount of money by paypal but it did not settle the negative balance. I want to know if it will still charge me for the transfer on Dec. 1st or not. because i dont want to get double charged the same amount.

And by bank card i meant bank. my apologies. I have my credit card linked to my paypal as another source of payments, but it has not been charged at all. It's really weird.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

deposit more money in your bank account 

Login to Me Too

DMilanV
Contributor
Contributor

I have already made a transfer to cover the negative balance. Read my other post, thanks

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You iniiated the transfer from you bank to PayPay; it would settle on 1 Dec.  That's way too late.  Since money wasn't in your PayPal acount 23 Nov, PayPal takes the money from your bank account; PayPal can't wait for you transfer to settle.

The transfer you initiated will continue to PayPal, so you will extra funds; then just transfer back to your bank account and wait several days for that to complete.  There will be 2 transfers from your bank account; one which initiated and one by PayPal.  Hopefully you had enough money available so you get a NSF charge by your bank.

Transfers are not instant, so plan accordingly in future.

Login to Me Too

DMilanV
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your continous replies man, i appreciate it.

Yes, paypal did charge me that amount of money yesterday, but it didnt settle the negative balance, does it take quite a while to settle the balance after paypal charges me, or should it immediately settle in? I have enough funds in my bank  so i wont be having any trouble with the bank when it transfers funds on Dec. 1st.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DMilanV

Takes a few days to sort the neg balance and paypal have to wait a few days for it to transfer to your paypal account.

So your transfer and paypals transfer may be transfering together and whoevers gets their first clears the neg balance and the other will be credited as a positive balance for you to spend or withdraw again to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DMilanV wrote:

thanks for your continous replies man, i appreciate it.

Yes, paypal did charge me that amount of money yesterday, but it didnt settle the negative balance, does it take quite a while to settle the balance after paypal charges me, or should it immediately settle in? I have enough funds in my bank  so i wont be having any trouble with the bank when it transfers funds on Dec. 1st.

Paypal uses the slowest form of ACH,3-4 days.

Login to Me Too

Packard93
Contributor
Contributor

Call customer service there easy to get along with if your honest they might be able to fix this . Then U can relax again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.