Urgent - Additional postage needed after label printed

artgal
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone..

I need to get a customer's order shipped today. What happened was that I printed the shipping label and sealed the box prior to realizing that I was sending the wrong item. I had to open the box (from the bottom) and exchange the wrong item for the correct item. This caused the weight to go from 14 oz USPS Priority to 1.1 lb USPS Priority.

Being that more postage is needed, what it wthe best way to go about finding out what the additional amount is and adding it to the box? I'm trying to avoid voiding and starting over but if I get the correct rate from USPS.com it doesn't reflect my discount. I can't see any way to find the additional postage needed (with discount) within PayPal.

Is there an exact percentage I can figure so that I can just add extra stamps? I really need to get this order out in today's mail and won't be able to drive to the post ofc to acomplish this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

go to paypal/ship now and go thru the gesture of printing a label,enter all the information to get the rate ,just dont buy the label.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

what I do is add some stamps !

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

USPS priority fix rate goes up to 4 lbs for the small box,which priority box are you using?

Login to Me Too

artgal
Contributor
Contributor

@lancelotme wrote:

USPS priority fix rate goes up to 4 lbs for the small box,which priority box are you using?

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, my items have to go into my own custom box, as they do not fit into any of USPS's flat rate boxes.

I need to figure the additional postage based on my box.

Login to Me Too

artgal
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.
How did you determine what the additional amount needed was? Did it include your seller discount?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

where did you print your label?

and what box are you using?

fixed rate small box is 4 lbs,larger box goes higher.

Login to Me Too

artgal
Contributor
Contributor

@lancelotme wrote:

where did you print your label?

and what box are you using?

fixed rate small box is 4 lbs,larger box goes higher.

Thanks for your repy.

Shipping label was printed via my PayPal business acct, using my own custom box. USPS Flat Rate/Regional Rate boxes don't work for the items I ship.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

so go thru the motion of printing another label with the new weight,then slap the difference in postage stamps on your package.

you can buy stamps in supermarket

Login to Me Too
Solved

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

go to paypal/ship now and go thru the gesture of printing a label,enter all the information to get the rate ,just dont buy the label.

Login to Me Too

artgal
Contributor
Contributor

@lancelotme wrote:

That worked perfect.

Thanks so much for your quick help! Very much appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.