Unknow Paypal Charge appearing on my credit card statement

jemifi
New Community Member

I have two charges on two credit cards that appear to have been originated from PayPal. However, when I login to my account there are no corresponding charges in my account history. Am I missing something?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jemifi

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account.

However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement as you would have paid as a 'guest buyer'.
If that is not the case then contact customer services and your card issuer to query the transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everyone,

Thanks for providing that information, kernowlass - that's absolutely an option in this kind of situation! However, if you don't recognize where the charges are coming from, I would advise reaching out to your card company to report the unauthorized activity. They'll let you know what options you have, and you can contact us so that we can look into the activity and see what information we can find to assist. Hopefully this issue is resolved for you soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_AshleyM

I did state that........

If that is not the case then contact customer services and your card issuer to query the transactions.  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @kernowlass,

You're right! My apologies for missing that. 🙂 I appreciate your help and thank you for being so diligent! Keep up the great work. Smiley Wink

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_AshleyM

I only added that bit to posts after seeing your reccomendation that they should do that on a previous post.  Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.