Unauthorized withdrawals and identity fraud

Moi4
New Community Member

My Paypal account was blocked mid 2016. I was sure about my login credentials but they did not grant access to the account. There was no way to get in nor to contact anyone. All options would turn in circle and whatever route would always bring you back to the log in page. I rung the phone number for entire days. I finally opened another PP account and forgot  about the old blocked one. A few weeks ago sorting some old emails I remembers and checked. I asked for a new password and it worked, just to find out my name had been changed to Rui Wui with a new address somewhere accros the country. And the 500 usd balance had been withdrawn through a series of checks to that other name and address. I contacted the resolution centre a few weeks ago. Several weeks later got a standard message telling issue solved. Now I can't access activities at the time of the withdrawals. Still can't remove bank or other profile details. The 500 usd is one thing, that someone somewhere has all the info needed to pretend to be me, and the hand in my bank account is another!  Any help please?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Moi4,

I'm very sorry to hear about the unauthorized access and withdrawals, that definitely sounds frustrating. As this appears to be a situation that would require an in-depth look at your account, I would advise contacting us over the phone so that we can ensure this is resolved. Hopefully this is resolved for you soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.