Unable to use PayPal Credit at BestBuy.com

FSS
Contributor
Contributor

I have an account which was previously BillMeLater, now transferred to PayPal Credit.

I attempted to make a purchase at BestBuy.com, for which my PP Credit account shows more than sufficient available credit.

However, when attempting to use PayPal at checkout, I received a prompt to enter a credit card to be linked to my PP account.

Shouldn't I be able to use my PP credit line for that purpose?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

So you don't have a credit card linked to your PP account to begin with?  Link one to see if the will let you use PayPal Credit. Understand that PayPal Credit is not a "credit card".  

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

FSS
Contributor
Contributor

What about the credit line that shows as being available? Up until I linked the account (which was previously BillMeLater) with PayPal, I was able to use it to pay online in a number of places.

Login to Me Too

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The key thing in this issue is the fact it was transferred to PP credit which appears to have changed how they want to handle service usage.  It is not only you who will be affected but many people.  Adding a card seems like their way of ensuring the have a back up plan in case you buy and duck out on payments.  With so many card options it seems easy enough to even add a simple pre-paid visa/mc.

Login to Me Too

FSS
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently not.

I've added a card. Now when I try to send funds, I'm asked to either choose the card I added, or add another source.

There doesn't seem to be an option to use the credit line which it states I have.

Does anyone know if that's still really a usable credit line? Or can I no longer use that?

Login to Me Too

Annoyed1234
Contributor
Contributor
Adding your own cards makes no difference. I have my checking account AND 2 credit cards attached to my P.P. and STILL am not getting a purchase to go through BestBuy.com with my PayPal Credit!
Login to Me Too

FSS
Contributor
Contributor

I've linked a card, and that now shows up as the only option of where funds should come from.

Unless I'm missing something, there doesn't appear to be an option to use the PP Credit line.

Is there something I'm missing? Or is that no longer available to me?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No one knows, except PayPal Credit themselves.  Give them a call.

https://www.paypalcredit.com/index.html

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Spitz545
The only place I have successfully used PayPal credit is on EBay. Every other time I've tried to purchase something using PayPal credit it will not work, and it wants me to pay with a CC. BS!!
Login to Me Too

FSS
Contributor
Contributor

Another month has gone by since I reported this issue.

I have spoken to customer service at Paypal, and was told that my account is in good standing, and should work, not necessarily for sending gifts, but definitely for "purchases from reputable vendors".

But I have yet to find a vendor on whose website I can use the Paypal Credit account, including eBay, which I just tried moments ago, and was told to use a different funding source. 

Any suggestions? This was a perfectly viable credit line until it switched to PP Credit.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.