Unable to spend my PayPal "balance".

Jprude
New Community Member
Hi, I created my PayPal account today verified all that is needed, everything. I even sent up a PayPal.me thing and, I have money on my "PayPal balance" but I'm unable to use it. I've tried multiple sites, such as walmart, gfyt, Starbucks anything that accepts PayPal and, it keeps telling me I'm "unable to pay please return to merchant" something along those lines, plus everything I attempted to purchase would be covered by the amount on my balance. Is anyone else having this problem??? Thanks!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

iubjaved
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi there,

This is a common issue that occurs for various reason. In your case, this is due to you have a newly created account and the amount you are trying to transfer/spend right away. If you have fully verified your account, i suggest you try to make payment at a later time. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

iubjaved
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi there,

This is a common issue that occurs for various reason. In your case, this is due to you have a newly created account and the amount you are trying to transfer/spend right away. If you have fully verified your account, i suggest you try to make payment at a later time. 

Login to Me Too

Jprude
New Community Member
I might have thought that but, wasn't too sure. Do you know about how long until I could possibly spend any of the money in my account? And, thank you so much for responding quickly!
Login to Me Too

iubjaved
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I suggest you try again in few hour. Download PayPal mobile app, login via your phone number and pin and try to make a payment via that. It should work. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.