Unable to send money?

stripedbeanie
Contributor
Contributor

Earlier tonight, I sent 40 dollars to someone to buy something. I didn't meet his requirements because my paypal wasn't verified with a phone number. So I was like ok. He sent me my money back and I currently have that amount in my wallet. 

So, I verified my phone number and am now unable to send the money back to him.

This is the pop up I got.

"There's a problem

We can’t send your payment right now. If you keep running into this issue, please contact  Paypal. If you continue to have problems contact customer service"

Account says it's 100% verified

Do not know what to do

Why can't I send my money?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

mradeybee
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this same issue, I can't send money to a friend. I get the same error message.

Login to Me Too

jamathis21
New Community Member

I am having the same problem.  I am trying to pay a seller and the payment fails every time.Screenshot at 2017-01-24 08-18-42.png

Login to Me Too

polkadottie
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. I'm trying to send money which is in my PayPal wallet (but less than the total amount) and receive the same generic error. What gives?

Login to Me Too

rudy2k15
New Community Member

Same issue here. Everything was fine until earlier today, now i can't even send $1 to my friend without it saying "we can't send your payment right now" Someone please help.

Login to Me Too

waltermeyer
New Community Member

Am having the same issue i can't send money to a friend , what's going on ??

Login to Me Too

Regina15
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem. I talked to customer support and was told that PayPal reviews my account activity and the recipients activity and the money request is being flagged as unsafe. Which made me nervous because the payment is to a stranger for concert tickets. But now I read the other comments here and people aren't able to send money to their friends, who I'm assuming you trust. Kind of confused. I wasn't able to get any specific information about it.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Regina15

Being flagged as suspicious is quite specific for a reason.

It should serve as a warning when you select payment destinations.  Make sure you really trust the recipient and stick to selling tangible items that ship with tracking.

PayPal is serious about protecting it's business and has extensive measures in place to block suspicious activity.

Login to Me Too

SamuelWilliams
New Community Member

I received the same message when trying to send money with Facebook Messenger with PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

jacefides09
New Community Member

We are having the same issue. And it seems that PayPal cannot disclose any information as to why they blocked the payment. They keep saying that they have no control over the system and they wanted us to wait for the account to be unlocked and proceed with the transaction and if the error happened again wait another 24-48 hours but I am having this issue for a month and PayPal cannot override the system. How are we going to use the platform if we cannot do payments?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.