Unable to send any payments?

ImperialHound

Hello! I'm here to hope to get some help from someone.

I made my PayPal account a few months ago, and never used it because I didn't have a card.

Recently, I've got a card and connected it to it. Verified it, too. It's a debit card, and it is my preferred payment method. 

It is USD to USD. I am trying to send money to someone through Paypal.me and to another person through invoice. Both ways have come up with some error without any explanation as to why. 

I did a test with a family member, and it will allow me to send invoices to people, but won't let me pay anyone.

I have not made any orders from any websites, could that be the problem for some reason? 

Extra information:

I this read on a post by someone else's post

"I have had the same problem after creating my PayPal account ... unable to send money to family or friends, and receiving the same error message.  I spoke directly with PayPal customer service and was told that a new user needs to establish some transactional "history" with PayPal before the PayPal security software will allow transfers of money to family or friends, especially if the transfer is international.  So you will need to purchase a few items using your PayPal account, then hopefully you'll be able to send money.  PayPal "resets" its security every 24 hours, so if you make some purchases using PayPal, and then find that you're still unable to send money, wait a day and try again ... the security system will "reset" and you should be able to send.  Hope this is helpful."

Is that true?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You create and invoice when you sell something and you send that invoice to the buyer;  the buyer pays the invoice and you ship the item.

You don't use an invoice to send money.  How are you trying to use an invoice to send money?

Login to Me Too

ImperialHound

@DPCreations wrote:

You create and invoice when you sell something and you send that invoice to the buyer;  the buyer pays the invoice and you ship the item.

You don't use an invoice to send money.  How are you trying to use an invoice to send money?

I meant they were sending me an invoice

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

To pay the invoice are you clicking on the payment link in the invoice e-mail?

Login to Me Too

ImperialHound

@DPCreations wrote:

To pay the invoice are you clicking on the payment link in the invoice e-mail?

Yes, I am, and I keep getting this message.

Problem (exclamation with yellow circle around it)

"We can’t send your payment right now. If you keep running into this issue, please contact PayPal.

If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service."

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I assume the origination and destination are both in the U.S.

Do you have a bank account verified and linked to your account?

Is the debit card from your bank?  If not, where are the funds held for the card?

Login to Me Too

ImperialHound

@DPCreations wrote:

I assume the origination and destination are both in the U.S.

Do you have a bank account verified and linked to your account?

Is the debit card from your bank?  If not, where are the funds held for the card?

One person is from the US, in fact they are in the state right next to me.

The other person is in Sweden, but they asked me to keep ot USD.

I do not have a bank account linked to my account.

The debit card is from my bank. It's a Federal bank, so I'm not sure if they would have any problems with paypal, but I've heard people from the same bank having issues with paypal. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It could be that you don't have a bank account linked as PayPal uses that for extra identification.  It could have to do with international problems. 

You are buying something form a seller in Sweded and that seller sent a PayPal invoice, is that correct?  

There could be security or regulatory issues relating to the amount of the funds.

For errers, PayPal doesn't specify the exact problem--again for security reasons to you can't try to trip up the system.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.