Unable to perform the PayPal instant transfer

Bciacciarelli
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to perform the PayPal instant transfer, if you continue having issues please call customer service.

I have been getting this same error message for over a month whenever I try to transfer money to my prepaid MasterCard. It's very frustrating. I have called PayPal and the prepaid customer service numbers 2-3times per week since sept 30. . Nobody knows how to fix this issue. The call always ends with "we will escalate this issue as high priority and you will get a call back within 1-2 business days." Nobody ever calls me back. I'm at a loss. Has anybody has this issue??

Login to Me Too
55 REPLIES 55

follar
Contributor
Contributor

Cant find any of these steps on my PayPal account could you tell me why?

Login to Me Too

sgz72724

THANK YOU!!! This worked! 

Your step-by-step worked! My paypal.com homepage was different than how you described yours, so navigating to get to the proper settings page was a bit of a trick.

Just in case others run into the same issue:

1. Once logged into Paypal.com,  click on the "gear" icon in your upper right corner. 

2. This takes you to your "PayPal: Settings" page. Horizontally across the top of the page, you'll come across 4 different click-able sections. 1.ACCOUNT (you should already be on this pg by default) 2. SECURITY    3. PAYMENTS    4. NOTIFICATIONS. Click "PAYMENTS" 

3. This page (or my page at least) had 3 white rectangles (vertically down the page) with different offers/settings pertaining to payments. CLICK THE FIRST ONE "manage preapproved payments".

4. The top portion of your page will show the below text. CLICK "LOGIN TO PAYPAL" --- and then pick back up with your initial instructions under STEP 6.  

My preapproved payments

Use this page to manage your payments for:

• Subscriptions
  • Automatically billed payments
  • Installment plan payments

Can’t find what you need? Try the preapproved payment plans or login with PayPal page.

Login to Me Too

iHateJimbo
Contributor
Contributor
For further reference my steps were performed on a PC. Glad I could be of help!
Login to Me Too

Eddiemunstah

Not one person employed at paypal could figure this out. Thank you so much. I would kiss you in person! Creepy or not! You are the best.**bleep** you paypal we only need this money to live. No big deal. Seriously you rock!!!!!

Login to Me Too

MikeyL
Contributor
Contributor

This actually worked, but i had to use "sellers preference" from the Summary page.  From there I went to API and removed third party. 

Then I went back in to paypal debit and gave permissions for view balance, then transfer balance.  You should work for Paypayl  I have been on the phone for weeks with customer service and they could not help.  Thank you very much!  With not having money being in Hurricane Irma diaster area, now I can finally eat.

Login to Me Too

picasso24
Contributor
Contributor

OMGGGGG!!   Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for posting this!   I have called and emailed for MONTHS and customer service always said "there's nothing preventing your account from making the transfer".......   I followed your step exactly and it WORKED!!   Yayyyyyyy.  This just makes my day.  So it seems that what these steps do is to basically "reset" your prepaid account permissions.  You are a genious MIKEY!  Thank you! 

@MikeyL wrote:

This actually worked, but i had to use "sellers preference" from the Summary page.  From there I went to API and removed third party. 

Then I went back in to paypal debit and gave permissions for view balance, then transfer balance.  You should work for Paypayl  I have been on the phone for weeks with customer service and they could not help.  Thank you very much!  With not having money being in Hurricane Irma diaster area, now I can finally eat.

Login to Me Too

Draptor3907
New Community Member
Mine started today July 12, 2017, I see you guys have been having problems since 2016, any luck?
Login to Me Too

follar
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem have you found a solution yet? I've contacted paypal an they keep giving me the run around 

Login to Me Too

iHateJimbo
Contributor
Contributor
Try my solution on page 4
Login to Me Too

Karo287
Contributor
Contributor

Weeks of getting the run around and being told by customer service that they will call me back in one to two days, who does that(Paypal). My fees are still rolling on a card and account i cannot use. No one has offered a credit, no one has seriously made me feel like they are doing anything. I have spoken with 9 reps, been cut off, lied to about call backs. This is the poorest service i have seen thus far. There are thousands with the same complaint online. Paypal and mastercard should be ashamed of this deal that is clearly not working. I feel like the customer service is fake outsourced from overseas with no real power. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.