Unable to perform the PayPal instant transfer

Bciacciarelli
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to perform the PayPal instant transfer, if you continue having issues please call customer service.

I have been getting this same error message for over a month whenever I try to transfer money to my prepaid MasterCard. It's very frustrating. I have called PayPal and the prepaid customer service numbers 2-3times per week since sept 30. . Nobody knows how to fix this issue. The call always ends with "we will escalate this issue as high priority and you will get a call back within 1-2 business days." Nobody ever calls me back. I'm at a loss. Has anybody has this issue??

Login to Me Too
55 REPLIES 55

picasso24
Contributor
Contributor

This actually worked, but i had to use "sellers preference" from the Summary page.  From there I went to API and removed third party. 

Then I went back in to paypal debit and gave permissions for view balance, then transfer balance.   I have been on the phone for weeks with customer service and they could not help.  THIS ACTUALLY WORKS!!

Login to Me Too

tmjohns4151
Contributor
Contributor
Haha - (it's a sarcastic laugh). Man, just seeing those words it's our security system, sir... it's for your safety and protection...) give me flashbacks of hours of phone calls over a 6-7 day period & talked to prob 20 different CSRs, got at least 15 different reasons/variation of same reason as to why I cant access my $. As mad as I was, I stayed professsional, but it became difficult to remain that way after one (what sounded like a young woman CSR) started off saying she was going to help me fix the issue. By this time I'd learned to (at the start of each call) state "please DO NOT transfer me to Prepaid MasterCard, bc issue is 100% on your end. I wasn't exactly optimistic that I'd get the issue resolved, but her tone sounded just a little promising until she began by instructing me how to logon prepaid site & use drop down menu & then click on the f'n button "PayPal Transfers"!! I let her finish while taking deep breaths (by this time it's day 6, prob 10th call) and replied "Your kidding right, please tell me you're not serious...". So I, the customer, Then explained to her what I'd learned for certain from past 10 calls & all I need is someone to fix the issue. I Quickly told her my occupation & that I'm pretty well educated & she quickly realized that I didn't need a tutorial using a computer. So anyway, I was placed on hold, she got back on the line & attempted to ask me these multiple choice security questions, but couldn't because they asked me them 3 times over the prior 3-4 days. (Who knows, maybe their security was just looking out for her protection, & that's why she couldn't...). So back on hold for 10 more mins (this all after holding for 39 mins until they took my call to begin with, so now I'm at 1hr+ total call time-1 hr of my life wasted). She finally comes back on the line "Good news, sir. Because I realize how important this is for you, I'm escalating this call right now to resolve the issue." She bleeping transfers me to India or wherever the calls are routed for Prepaid (pretty sure it's India). All of that & that's what happened. My blood was boiling after that & that was one of the flashbacks I got when I saw the "security for your safety, sir, blah blah." Bottom line is if that were true, an ethically responsible company handling others' funds whether electronic (online) or traditional bank, would notify you immediately & either give you a heads up about something getting flagged or a potential issue. Or - at very least, If a security risk, you can call, speak to someone w/authority to confirm or provide needed info & then resolve the issue. The CSRs are trained to basically brag about their security & fraud prevention to the consumers but w/o methods of confirmation & resolution. Its non-existent. It's as if they believe we're all idiots & we'll just say "okay, I get it. Just whenever you get around to it, that's cool." For me it's way beyond the actual funds not being available, but the principle of ethical business practices (not meant to mislead & deceive). Apparently Paypal's business strategy & methods do not favor the customers whatsoever. Anyway, if there's a positive resulting from this debacle, it was this; maybe it'll work for you. After 6 days of calls & ordering the business debit card I hadn't known about, I'd had enough. I'd sent a few messages to the msg ctr & at the beginning they sent me simple beginner crap/instructions copied & pasted from website. So I put together a msg briefly documenting each call, especially one I mentioned above & demanded someone from security or w/that authority to call me back AFTER they look at my account & determine the reason for the issue. Then determine what's needed to fix the issue, then call me. I also called them out on some of the things that we spun to me on the phone that I knew were BS. Stayed rofessional but stern in demanding the call back. Stayed that I'm going to continue to send the message until it's resolved or I just close the acct and get a check in the mail. I was serious about that though. I sent the same message 3 times in a 12 hr period after 6-7 days and a guy called me back and it was fixed in about 20 mins. Wld have been Sooners but he had to call me back once. Who knows - at least worth a shot and. Ether than wasting time calling in to them. That goes nowhere. Good luck!!
Login to Me Too

temp_08142017a
Contributor
Contributor
Yup and they say wait 24hours and if it's not available for transfer then call back. We know this isn't ideal but they will have better information on line. I try and post a negative post on their facebook page and they don't let it post. So they are screening post that they don't want on their page proving what a **bleep** show they are
Login to Me Too

Marge23
New Community Member

I have the same problem-- cannot receive a transfer from 2 different family members. PayPal customer service said there was nothing wrong with my account. But it can't be the senders's problem, for both people could transfer money to other people--just not me. (We did a test.) my account has no holds, my email, address, and all other info was confirmed by paypal.   I hate to paypal again, for the representative clearly didn't know her stuff last time. I see other people are having the same problem. 

Login to Me Too

JaredNW528
New Community Member
Due to the number of similar complaints and this continuing to be an unresolved issue for most everyone (as I have a similar issue that is unresolved and I don't see any legitimate answers not do I see PayPal themselves chiming in) then my next question would be: has anyone looked in to the possibility of a class action lawsuit? Seems to be a combination of false advertisement, poor and unresponsive customer service, and borderline theft (at least holding your money hostage to some degree) considering that we can't make instant transferred to withdraw cash or spend our money in places where PayPal is not accepted (i.e.: Grocery stores, utility bills, services, retail stores, etc). I, for one, am outraged because I've been collecting payment for business transcribed and now I can't even use that money to survive. Shame on you PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

do you folks have a PAYPAL business debit card,you can go to ATM machine and get cash or buy in store,use it as credit card,you get 1% cash rebate from Paypal.

This is one way to tap your paypal balance,the shortcoming is that you cannt use the card to add fund.   

Login to Me Too

rachelareno
ive had a business debit card and it was far better than the stupid prepaid card.. no need to transfer funds cuz the money is already on the card as soon as it goes into PayPal... but you do have to have a business account which is a whole different ballgame..
Login to Me Too

rachelareno
I've been thinking about this for years... and especially since it's gotten far worse ..we really should start a class action lawsuit ... cuz there's usually some kind of issues or things going on with your account that they will not tell you about that are causing problems with transferring money etc... and things like that ...they don't want to tell you because they feel your a risk, even if just the slightest...and even if they gave you the option to fix it it doesn't matter whatever it is the risk is always there and they will not even tell you that your a risk... so just continue giving the runaround plus they don't want you to instantly transfer funds they want you to keep your money in PayPal and will do anything they can so you don't transfer it out and they'll take as long as they can when you transfer your money into a bank acct.. and I think there's a few reasons for this, one, just in case there's somebody who sent the money files a claim to get the money back or the money received is fraudulent and they should be sued.. and then the selfish reasons for their business.. the more money and the longer people keep money in their PayPal account because they have no choice or whatever they are having to spend that money at places and online stores that take PayPal making even more online and offline stores start to accept it and PayPal basically being the number one payment gateway monopolizing every other company and people having no choice but to have a PayPal account due to so many companies that only accept PayPal or people/companies online that only trust PayPal... For instance eBay... sure you can pay with a credit card or any other debit card but it does go through PayPal and I'm pretty sure you have to have a PayPal account to even do that alongside of the eBay sellers that only accept Paypal because eBay and PayPal have made it so that that's the way it is and making it almost impossible 4 sellers to set up a different payment gateway to take money if at all I'm not even sure that you can set it up differently .... mainly because PayPal and eBay were the same company they are different now but I still think they're just about the same...there so tied together... they want you spending your money that's in PayPal on eBay so they can get the money from the ridiculously high fees for selling on eBay...
one of the worst most ridiculous things about PayPal is there's no option to make a payment to a company such as a utility company etc.. there's no bill pay...because to send money the person on the receiving end has to have a PayPal account! which of course means in order for them to get the money they have to transfer it to their bank or wait for a paper check which takes time so no matter what it takes days to transfer money out of there! they force you to keep it in there!! it's beyond **bleep** up and I'm about to lose my storage unit over it... I mean this is caused so much heartache in my life!!!!
class action lawsuit let's do it!!!
Login to Me Too

teambledsoe
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue with the same error for last 3 days- Just wondering have you ever got it fixed-- Any info at all would be appreciated-- thank you

Login to Me Too

troyp
New Community Member

lol, so i am not alone. Ever since i got my card, day one i ha ve been having this error for over 2 months. Sometimes it just doesnt happen at all and i can transfer, then most days it just errors all day everyday, i have probably called paypal 20 times over the course of the problem, and let me tell you that is all bad. It just makes me more angry over the whole situtation, the outsourced punjabis they have taking the calls have no god **bleep** clue what the **bleep** youur talking about. The issue is obviously unresolved and they arent doing jack to fix it. It is beyond frustrating to be UNABLE TO TRANSFER MY HARD EARNED MONEY TO SOMETHING I CAN ACCESS VIA REAL LIFE, not on online money. I have tried every possible idea i can think of how to fix this issue, and sadly i have to throw in the towel. its a never ending pit of death doom and despair. It is kuje the whole paypal prepaid card has a mind of its own, it literally does whatever it feels. and most of the time it feels like doing aboslutely nothing but giving this error continiouly. absolute JOKE and **bleep** customer service, thanks for taking years off my life due to the madness insued.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.