Unable to pay an out of country purchase.

Deemc
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried about 5 times over the last 5 days to make a payment to this seller out of Algeria. The seller says there have been several problems with buyers in other countries making payments. MY INFO is correct!  I use PayPal all the time, buying and selling. The seller says that his info is correct!  Where is the problem? I am guessing it is with PayPal. Now it looks like I am slacking paying for the item!! Annoying.
I am getting these Alerts:
''Your recipient is not able to receive funds at this time. Your recipient must first set up his or her account to receive funds.''
''We're sorry, but we can't ship your order to the address shown on the previous page. We can ship to the address shown below, or you can click Change to choose a different address.''
Grrr.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deemc

Double check the email address you are sending the payment to.

What currency are you using? If not his currency then he may not be able to receive your currency.

How are you funding the payment?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Deemc
Contributor
Contributor

I talked with PayPal customer service and she said, after about 25 min, that the best they could offer me was to try a different credit card.  I have only one card.  Oh, well!

Thank you for your input............

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal does not do your shipping,is that from shipping label on Paypal?

Login to Me Too

Deemc
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't clarify.  It is an ebook I am talking about.  A small thing, but big to me as it could look like I don't want to pay!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what currency are you sending him?

does he accept foreign currency?

ask him to check his profiel

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

I have already asked those questions !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Deemc
Contributor
Contributor

I talked with PayPal customer service and she said, after about 25 min, that the best they could offer me was to try a different credit card.  I have only one card.  Oh, well!

Thank you for your input............

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It could be Algeria.

Some Indian banks do not do business with Paypal anymore and India has foreign exchange control,they dont want Indians to convert their rupees into gold or dollar,or move it out of the country as it weakens the rupees.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Where do you get India and Rupees from? Algeria is in North Africa towards the west, by Spain & Portugal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.