Unable to login paypal when paying on ebay

mrcoch
Contributor
Contributor

Since 11/1/2017 I am facing trouble with paypal logging when I want to pay for ebay item. 

I won auction but when I want to pay by button "pay now", I´m transferred to Paypal secure login page https://www.paypal.com/webapps/helios/lipp?xxxx - when I insert my logins, it only loads with a note "Verifying your information"... After a few minutes I´m transferred again to Paypal secure login page without any error! 

It happens not only to won auctions but also with "buy it now" option.

I tried delete cookies, relink my Paypal account with ebay,  different browsers, mobile app, with no result. It hasn´t happened before.

And Paypal message centrum desn´t work!

Please, does anyone know how fix the problem??? It is quite urgent

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

arkidi
Contributor
Contributor

I 've called customer support this morning and suggested me to try another browser.
Still the same problem; tried another OS too. Not working for Windows or Linux, Firefox or Chrome.
Sent mail to ebay too! I'm on waiting now 😞

Login to Me Too

Loggi
Contributor
Contributor

Me too!

Please, any solution?

Login to Me Too

arkidi
Contributor
Contributor

The problem has to do with the ebay.com website, not paypal's. Try from the australian ebay. com.au website. It worked fine for me!

Login to Me Too

borino
New Community Member

the problem in paypal window, in browser console i see som errors related to the combo-box 'Remeber me'. The problem in .com and co.uk domens ((. Thank you @Title for Australian work correct 

Login to Me Too

kapitola
Contributor
Contributor

I have today the same troble as borino. On notebook (try Chrome and IE) and on Android mobilephone too. When i login directly to PayPal account on web or to PayPal application I log in successfully. When i can paid some thing on Ebay show me window to login PayPal but login with correct name and pass is unsuccessfull. I try to clean cache and cookies, but this not help.

Login to Me Too

mj1981
New Community Member

I have same problem for the past couple of weeks. I have tried to use another PC with IE and Firefox but it doesnt help. I don't have time do deal with so stupid things so obviously I'll be forced to stop using PayPal for Ebay 😞

Login to Me Too

kapitola
Contributor
Contributor

I try it on ebay.ca and there work it well. Is some trouble on ebay.com.

Login to Me Too

anjanadrj
New Community Member

I have the same problem. It is definitely a problem with ebay.com I tried ebay.co.uk and could not make it but when I tried ebay.com.au it works perfectly without any problem.

Login to Me Too

ajguerra78
New Community Member

I'm having same problem. I checkout through ebay and select paypal payment option. Paypal payment login pops up as usual. I enter correct user and pasword. Then all i get is " verifying user info". I left it verifying well over 1hr and nothing. Tried operation through different browsers, different mobile devices, pc, different interner providers.. still nothing. 

Must admit its the first time this has happened. 

Any luck figuring this out?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.