Unable to activate my new PayPal Prepaid Mastercard online HELP!!

Gunsecutive
Contributor
Contributor

I just recently bought and loaded a $20 prepaid mastercard from Paypal at my local store. I tried to activate it online but I got an error stating that my account has an error. I tried so many times I even called tech support and they told me I need to email a photocopy of my SSN and Drivers License to Documents@paypal-prepaid.com . I am very suspecious of this and need help asap.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal will ask for that info:

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW CARD ACCOUNT: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. What this means for you: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see a copy of your driver's license or other identifying documents."

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/

Here is the FAQ page that may answer some of your questions

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/faq.shtml

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal will ask for that info:

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW CARD ACCOUNT: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. What this means for you: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see a copy of your driver's license or other identifying documents."

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/

Here is the FAQ page that may answer some of your questions

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/faq.shtml

Login to Me Too

Gunsecutive
Contributor
Contributor

What is a PIN? Do I create one when I first aciviate my card at the prepaid paypal mastercard site? When they ask me for a PIN they ask like I already have it wich confuses me. thanks for the reply btw

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

A PIN is a 4-digit security feature. A PIN is used when withdrawing cash at an ATM and sometimes when making purchases. Please remember to keep your PIN safe. Do not keep it in your wallet, or write it on your PayPal Prepaid Card. Never share your PIN with anyone (except that you may share your PIN with a secondary cardholder with the intent of allowing the secondary cardholder to access your card account). If you share your PIN with a secondary cardholder, you are wholly responsible for that person's use of the Card Account according to the terms of the PayPal Card Cardholder Agreement.

You can select a PIN when you first activate your PayPal Prepaid Card or at a later time. Just call the 24-hour automated service using the toll-free telephone number printed on the back of your card. When selecting a PIN, remember to choose a 4-digit number that you are familiar with so that you don't easily forget it — but don't choose a PIN that's so obvious that a fraudster could easily determine what it is.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When it asks for a PIN during card activation, it is asking you to create a PIN number and enter it in to the box.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.