USPS Shipping issues (USPS customer support is terrible)

Casely
New Community Member

Hey guys! 

I have been running an e-commerce company for the past year and have had a huge issue with USPS. Everything in my company runs smoothly, but for some reason, we are also losing packages or have packages severely delayed. Two weeks ago USPS completely lost one of our entire shipments for a day which was over 150 packages. Dealing with USPS customer support is a nightmare. Wait times for a phone call are 1-3 hours long, and it seems like no one in the support staff knows what to do. 

I really want to know if I am doing something wrong when it comes to fulfillment. I want to say we are having issues with about 1% off all packages shipped. 

I have created a survey below to try and see if this happens with most e-commerce sites or if we are doing something completely wrong. 

I have created a survey just to try and gauge how big of a problem this really is. I’d love it if you could fill it out so I can see how we compare to some other e-commerce sites in terms of USPS issues. 

Survey: **removed**

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

USPS customer service should have told you this but it seems the employee or employees didn't know. Anyways, there are a few ways you can find the packages:

1. File a claim through the shipping carriers own website, in your case USPS.com.
  2. You can file a claim there or, if you didn't receive a tracking number, ask your local shipping carrier offices and USPS offices to look for it - you should ask your customer to do the same for their local offices.
  3. Sometimes, if it's worth over $25, it will be sent to USPS Mail Recovery Center if the package was sent without a correct address. You can fill out a form 1000 at your local post office and the workers will look for the item for you at the Mail Recovery Center. From time to time the Mail Recovery Center conducts online auctions at GovDeals.com - you should watch for the items there in case it shows up there. You should also follow the links located at USA.gov/Buy-From-Government.

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.