Two separate PayPal buttons utilizing the same form... is this possible?

corbinjurgens
Contributor
Contributor

It would be a great help if anyone has some tips!

So lets say I want to offer customers a choice of buying a monthy box one time only (so I create a 'buy now' type button) or as a monthly subscription (so I create a 'subscription' type button) but having two of the exact same form is unessasary. I know that the forms, drop boxes etc themselves are feely editable in HTML, but if I take the two buttons and place them within the same form tag so that they both take information from the same form, will this work or will something wierd happen. As it is now I can see that the code for the image of 'buy now' and the code which appears to include the seller information and what type of button is within seperate tags. Maybe if I put the image for the button within the former code? I have been testing this out on my non business account so I don't know if I can really test it until I ask my boss to create a button code from the company pay pal account.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Unless you are very familiar with code to do it, I suggest creating a Buy Now button code and subscription button code separately.  When the buttons are rendered on a webpage, they won't take up too much room at all.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

corbinjurgens
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. It is not the buttons I am worried about taking up space but rather the forms. As it is I would have to have two separate buttons each with their own forms even though they are the same exact form. (So the drop down menu and text box for customer input).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.