Two PayPal Accounts?

Etienette
Contributor
Contributor

To whom it may concern,

A few days ago - my credit card was randomly removed from my Paypal without my permission. I am not sure how it happened, or if anyone got into my account somehow - but I have changed all of my security features, etc.

So I contacted someone, after spending an hour or more trying to get through to someone on the phone - and even then, via email. At last, someone messaged me and told me that my card had been removed some days ago, which was the same day that I made a transaction with that exact same card. I was also told that I can no longer use that credit card on my account, which is a bummer as I use it frequently. So the support member in question told me that I should just make a second Paypal, strictly for my Credit Card. Now, I've looked everywhere for a legit answer in regard to this - but each one I have found isn't to the point.

So my question, in simple.

Are you allowed to have TWO Paypal accounts? And do they HAVE to be different(one for business, and one for personal - like some topics have stated)? I do not run a business, I do not sell things - I simply purchase through paypal, especially from friends. So if two accounts are allowed, but require two different account types - is it 'illegal' to have one for business, despite it being only for buying like I do now?

Thank you to anyone who can give me a solid answer to my current issue. It has been a very long two days with all of this going on, and I would really just like to get it resolved.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Etienette

You "should" be able to add your bank account and card to another account as long as you have removed them from the other before you closed that account............as for without issue, that I can't guarantee as folks have had issues not being able to add them to a second account but I don't know why.

If you want definate advice / guarantees then your best bet is to speak to paypal themselves via customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Etienette

I think they probably meant close the other and start over.

You are only allowed x2 paypal accounts if x1 is a personal account and the other x1 is a business account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Etienette
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your quick answer!

So with that being said, once my current account is closed - I will be able to re-add my bank account and credit card without issue? I don't really remember the process of it when I made my account two years ago, so I am just wanting to ensure that I -will- be able to re-add my bank account to my new one, without something saying along the lines of "cannot add" or such forth. Paypal plays a huge part in my daily life so, I'm just wanting to ensure everything will be alright once I do this.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Etienette

You "should" be able to add your bank account and card to another account as long as you have removed them from the other before you closed that account............as for without issue, that I can't guarantee as folks have had issues not being able to add them to a second account but I don't know why.

If you want definate advice / guarantees then your best bet is to speak to paypal themselves via customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Etienette
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, thank you so much for your help!

I will give it a try.

Login to Me Too

andypen39
Contributor
Contributor

How do I make my account personal only

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@andypen39

You select your account type when you open a PayPal account. Log in to your PayPal account and go here - https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/summary.view - to see what type of PayPal account you have.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

andypen39
Contributor
Contributor

What I can't understand is that I never asked for a business account in the first place, as I don't run a business. I only want to have a personal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.