Transferring Money from US Bank Account to PayPal

ahsilver
Contributor
Contributor

Why doesn't PayPal warn you at the time of the transaction that it will take 3-5 business days to transfer money from a US Bank Account to PayPal? If this warning had been apparent, I wouldn't have initiated the transfer.

PayPal warns you when transferring money from PayPal to a US Bank Account that it will take 1 business day, so I know what's going on. They should warn you about it taking 3-5 business days going the other way at the time of the transaction. I shouldn't have to look through Help to find that answer.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ahsilver

They do.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ahsilver
Contributor
Contributor

I must have missed it! Thanks for replying.

Login to Me Too

June0227
Contributor
Contributor

As a user with a recent experience like yours, I am writing to encourage you to call PayPal directly about your transfer problem - and be sure your personal information (phone number, address, actual full name) has been verified. PayPal's security measures are inconsistent and frustrating, but I've found the root of the problem is ALWAYS personal information that is incorrect or not properly received by PayPal. 

I've wasted countless hours trying to resolve my recent transfer issues via the PayPal website. Calling PayPal directly, then saving time by choosing the option for call back, and then completely reviewing your personal information with the customer support person, is the WAY to solve almost any problem.

Worst case, they'll ask for a written confirmation of your changes/updates. Yes, initially maddening, but in reality, it took five minutes to write and print the letter, sign it, scan it, and then upload it via the Resolution Center, or the contact info form the customer support person. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.