Transfer Messenger payment to PP

scotcharu
New Community Member

I rec'd money via FB Messenger. How do I transfer that amount to my PayPal account?
Thx in advance.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Messenger payments require a debit card on both ends of the transaction.   Looks like you would need a PayPal Debit Card linked to your FB Messenger Account and to your PayPal Account.   Facebook doesn’t allow payment by credit card or integration with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

UPDATE - seems you may be able to use your PayPal Account direct - see this.    

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi scotcharu,

Thank you for posting in the community! @Snow-Cat is absolutely correct in the update post! There is some information in the Facebook help center regarding receiving payments here, but I was unable to find instructions in their help center for linking your PayPal account for receiving payments. My understanding is that Facebook will send you a notification to claim the funds and allow you to add a card or a PayPal account at that time. If you add a PayPal account at that time, Facebook will prompt you to agree to a billing agreement as well. I'm not sure where the setting is to change the method for receiving payments if you've already selected one in the past, but there is a link in that article that allows you to make an inquiry about a specific payment, so that may be the next stop for you to explore. If you do get steps for resolving this, please come back and share the knowledge with the community!

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.