Transaction under review

Malloreedy
New Community Member
I sold my guitar so a guy that i have been talking to for awhile. He sent me 85$ then i put that into my bank account successfully. Then he tried to send another 50$ but it is under review for aome reason. It has now almost been 24 hours and i need this money.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

As we don't know the details of this transaction, we can only make some assumptions:

If the sender used the send money feature and choose the option for "Friends and Family" for a purchase, this is not really the way to sell something.  The second payment is under review most likely because of the timing - one payment shortly after another to same account may set off a security alert.  

Bottom line, you should have sent the buyer an invoice for the total amount, the buyer pays, you get the money, you then ship the item and record the tracking info - doing so provides you with Seller Protection and you would have received the total amount all at once plus you would have Seller Protection.

Right now you may not have proof of selling an item nor Seller Protection. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.