The funds were withdrawn

Zhangyuanju
Contributor
Contributor
buyer buy me bitcoin, on Localbitcoin, buyer initiate unauthorized dispute, I provide relevant evidence, PayPal returns funds to buyer, how should I protect rights, a total of 5 transactions. A total of 7000 dollars?
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Zhangyuanju,

I'm so sorry to hear that the buyer of your transaction used someone's account or financial credentials fraudulently. The sale of virtual items is, as @kernowlass stated, not covered by Seller Protection. It's a much higher risk business model, and sellers should evaluate their risk before participating in virtual items transactions.

Additionally, it's very important to know that the sale of any currency, including virtual currency like Bitcoin, is not allowed via PayPal. Please click Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page and then click Acceptable Use Policy to see more. 

I'm sorry about the outcome of your situation. Familiarizing yourself with the Seller Protection policy and adhering to the legal agreements will help keep you safe for any future transactions.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Zhangyuanju
Contributor
Contributor
Although I was selling BTC, even if it is not supported, but why is the unauthorized transactions, unauthorized transactions on behalf of the PayPal account stolen, 5 accounts 4 transactions initiated unauthorized transactions, it is not difficult to PayPal problem, there are several payment system is easy the loss of paypa stolen, should compensate me?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zhangyuanju

Unauthorised transactions means someones paypal account was hacked and used by another ie your supposed buyer.

If thats the case the account holder is of course refunded BUT you would be reimbursed if you met ALL the requirements of seller protection.

As you were not covered by seller protection you did not meet the requirements so you were not reimbursed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Keep in mind that unauthorized transactions is still considered to be identity theft as they are using your name, address, etc. that's on your PayPal account. If you know for a fact that the transactions were not performed by you, you should go to the bottom of the page and click on "Security" -> Click on "Report identity theft" towards the bottom of the next page -> follow the steps located there.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.