The funds were withdrawn

Zhangyuanju
Contributor
Contributor
buyer buy me bitcoin, on Localbitcoin, buyer initiate unauthorized dispute, I provide relevant evidence, PayPal returns funds to buyer, how should I protect rights, a total of 5 transactions. A total of 7000 dollars?
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zhangyuanju

Unfortunately there is no paypal seller protection for virtual items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zhangyuanju
Contributor
Contributor
But they launched unauthorized transactions and the funds were withdrawn. How should I maintain the rights?
Login to Me Too

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You can appeal the claim. Although, it will only works for the seller. However, you should be able to appeal the claim by following these steps:

1. Log in to your account on the computer.
  2. Go to the Resolution Center. It is a link towards the bottom of the page that says "Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center." It's in the "More about your account" section and above "See how much you can send with PayPal."
  3. Select “Closed Cases.” Sometimes you will need to select from the drop-down menu
  4. Click the “Appeal” button.

For seller's who are following this thread, the decision can be reversed if one of the following is met:

• The item is returned to you, but not in the same condition as the buyer first received it
  • No item was returned at all – just an empty box
  • The wrong item was returned to you
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheJayJayStore

They can appeal disputes for non receipt of item etc but not 'unauthorised disputes'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zhangyuanju
Contributor
Contributor
They all apply for unauthorized transactions, nor do they know how PayPal is referee. In the end, it is a cheater who wins. I wonder if PayPal is so easy to be stolen and traded with me for a total of 4 accounts, which are all unauthorized trading funds being refunded.
Login to Me Too

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Well, if you know for a fact that the buyer really did use their own PayPal to pay you, then I would recommend contacting a legal expert. Also, this is the community forums for PayPal. Meaning, anything you ask on here is publicly available for anyone to answer and to use - much like eBay's community forums at Community.eBay.com. And, I do not know if PayPal employees can see your transactions.

Login to Me Too

Zhangyuanju
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your help, but the money was withdrawn to the buyer's account. I lost 2 BTC. Payapl returned the money directly, if PayPal just frozen, so that the buyer could return BTC to me and withdraw the funds. Now it cost me no money and BTC.
Login to Me Too

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You're welcome. And it sounds like it went well for you. That's great!

Login to Me Too

Zhangyuanju
Contributor
Contributor
Can PayPal employees see it? Though you do a cross-border payment platform, there is such a big loophole. The unauthorized transaction is the account is appropriated, or is someone deliberately selling accounts to pay, and then withdraw the funds? Although the transaction is virtual goods, I will fly 7000 dollars, I ask you to solve the problem for me?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.