System taking FOREVER to process transactions

lucysmithillust
Contributor
Contributor

Client sent me $200. I wasn't seeing it in my PP balance so I refunded the transaction because I thought something went wrong. Later, the amount appears in my balance and PP has taken the $200 from my bank account to give it back to the client. What the f. Now my bank account is negative. 

Cherry on the cake is that the resolution center isn't working. I keep getting an error message EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to dispute.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

lucysmithillust
Contributor
Contributor

I'm seriously about to close my PP account and stick with Venmo. This is ridiculous. PP needs to get their **bleep** together.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi lucysmithillust,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the transaction, and I'll provide any information I can. Regarding the Resolution Center, this wouldn't be a transaction that would be able to be disputed through PayPal. If you wanted to dispute the charge, you would need to work with your bank directly, and they'll notify us of the case if it's opened. 

Regarding the refund, if the payment was pending or was on reserve when the refund was issued, it would have needed to be funded by your bank. This also could have been related to not having the full balance in the account at the time of the refund, meaning we had to pull the funds from your bank to issue the full amount.

I apologize for the frustration and any inconvenience this may have caused.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

lucysmithillust
Contributor
Contributor

This isn't about the refund so much as the fact that your system was so slow it didn't process the payment until later that day. Normally the payments are available just as they are sent. This is on you guys.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.