Spoof case created via IVR GRCM

PurpleK12
Contributor
Contributor

Why did PayPal stop my transaction with this message as my comment on a complaint I did not make. I have no problem with the deal, except now it is going to be delayed by a week! I could go to BestBuy and buy it. How do I resolve this without wasting hours talking with your customer service. Contact me in the morning ... or I will cancel this transaction and stop using PayPal. I want a reason!

Why are you challenging my payment when I have a positive $$$ in the account ... to avoid these problems!?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PurpleK12

Ask customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PurpleK12
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has had me on hold for 1/2 hour simply asking how this error occured. They cannot tell me which leads me to believe that there are people with access to my account that is not me. As I type I hope they will get back on the line ... however I am convinced they are simply waiting for me to hang up ... issue resolved. I will cancel both the eBay account and the PayPal account ... neither feels safe, and the people at both are to distant from the people they are trying to work with.

These companies are artifical intellengence ... they do not work with people. Leaving any access to your financials is in jeopardy. There is no email you can send them ... nobody to really respond. Endless cues as they answer your questions with theirs ... to the point you just say goodbye.

An endless message on hold advises me of all the methods of reaching eBay and PayPal ... all the methods to resolve issues ... never give you a live person.

Now 33 minutes, on hold, to answer who access my account to disrupt my commerce ... paid for with funds on account.

Losers~!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PurpleK12

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.
When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just press 0.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Huber714
Contributor
Contributor

Hello community:  I had this challenge as well.  I called customer service.

Being on hold is to be expected.

When I mentioned the "Spoof case created via IVR GRCM" I was told that it would have to be escalated as the first and second round of customer service agents are unable to assist with this error message (read: on hold for a very long time)

When I asked why PayPal was generating this error message and delaying my payments, I was told it is a sensitive system.

When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told he was the highest level.  There is no one else to speak to.

When I asked for a contact name and number, I was told the back office has no phones or ability to communicate with clients.

When I asked for a ticket/case/reference number, I was told there is none available.

When I asked how I was to followup or know when it is secure to use paypal for payments, I was told 'you don't call us, we'll call you.' 

When I shared that this was very disconcerting, I got...  crickets LOL

I will be closing my paypal account.   This is happening more often than not.  Having PayPal generate a dispute on my behalf and then have no idea why or how that happened, is very unsettling.  Not to mention, it is delaying payments.  And customer service, well - I found to be inept (see above).

Simply sharing the facts.

I will update this post if 'they' call me back with a resolution.

Login to Me Too

Huber714
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to add a "Seller Beware" note to this posting.

PayPal generated this "Spoof case created via IVR GRCM" unauthorized access dispute.

I emailed PayPal and the Seller to notify them that it was an authorized purchase.

I received the item (in this case a FitBit ionic costing $250).

PayPal awards me the dispute (which PayPal made on my behalf), and the money goes back into my account.

Basically, I am getting goods for free, care of PayPal.  REPEATEDLY.  And I bring it to the seller and PayPal's attention, every time it happens.

And it keeps happening.

Seller Beware

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.