Spending limit for Unverified account.

RaptorClawz

Hi, I wanted to buy something for 275$ off a website for christmas. My account is unverified, I don't have a bank account. If my parents send me 230$ and I use the other 45$ already in my paypal account will I be able to purchase the item?

Basically I'm asking is there a restriction on how much i can spend using a Unverified.

Would hate to have them send me the money only to find out I can't spend or send it back to them.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Looks ok to me.  See, that layout is different from my account but yeah your sending limit is lifted and you're good to go.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Chances are you may need to add a card.  There is a sending limit for unverified accounts.  I want to say $500 is the limit but PayPal never specified what this amount is in their documentation.  If you are verified 10K is the limit for sending.

Login to Me Too

RaptorClawz

I'm not sending anything. They're sending me the money, is that what you mean? That they wont be able to send me the money?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If an account is unverified there’s a limit on the total amount of money that can be sent from the account, no matter who is sending.   To lift this limit and avoid the possibility that payment can't be sent, add and confirm, bank or card.

Login to Me Too

RaptorClawz

Does send = spend? Like buying off a website is the same as sending money?

Login to Me Too

RaptorClawz

Oh ok. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

RaptorClawz

Sorry one last thing. I just added my card. Should I be all good now?

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Looks ok to me.  See, that layout is different from my account but yeah your sending limit is lifted and you're good to go.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.