Sorry, but your MasterCard x-xxxx was declined.

AnkitKuhar
Contributor
Contributor

Why I'm getting this error each time i try to pay using debit card on paypal.

Error-(Sorry, but your MasterCard x-xxxx was declined. Please add another debit or credit card to complete your purchase)

This is card is sucessfully confirmed and listed on my paypal.
I have only this debit card and this debit card is activated for international purchases.

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

AnkitKuhar
Contributor
Contributor
i will try again thanks.
Login to Me Too

AnkitKuhar
Contributor
Contributor
Ok i tried to pay by my mastercard again and the card is declined problem is solved but another problem comes here.Its asking me for OTP to make payment,when i enters the OTP the amount gets deducted and credited into my again.Which again failure in sending the payment.

Each time when i tries to make the payment. It redirects me back to the receiver payment page. Saying they got nothing from paypal.
Login to Me Too

TDMart
Did you have the problem solved? I am also trying to use Paypal covering my purchase but got the same trouble. First, they said my payment could not be completed several times. And then they said sorry for blah blah...I tried to add different Visa or Mastercard but was refused/ or not comfirmed too. Anyone can help me please? That's so annoying for my first time shopping experience with Paypal.
Login to Me Too

SAMUELTUMUNG

How did you sort it our. M fcaing the same problem. MAster card was declined. Pls share the solution.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dustin

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about the trouble sending a payment. Each time you make a payment from your PayPal account it goes through a series of filters to determine how much potential risk may be involved with that particular payment.

If the system deems a transaction to be high risk, then it may limit the funding options that are available or block the payment from going through altogether. It sounds like this is what all of you may be running into here.

These filters are put into place to help protect you from possible transactions occurring from your account by an unauthorized third party, or in some instances from potentially bad sellers. Potential triggers include a variance in payment history, log in location and computer ID.

From time to time though we may come across a false positive where a legitimate transaction is being blocked. In this case, we recommend trying this payment again at a later time or using a different funding source to fund this payment.

- Dustin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

imnareshtung
same happening with me,what to do now?? pls help me
Login to Me Too

aruns87
New Community Member

I am also experiencing the same problem with my mastercard issued by State Bank of India. It is really frustrating

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@AnkitKuhar wrote:
I'm trying to use this card for purchasing a service from an russian company. Its not the product which needs to be shipped.Im just trying to send them payments so that I can purchase their services.Each time I click on their link to pay them paypal shows me this error which I mentioned in my question. In short I have verified everything on paypal but I can use paypal only for reciving money not to pay or send anyone.

what does this Russian company sell or provide?

Login to Me Too

Neeraj17
Contributor
Contributor

Please help us 😞  same thing is happening to me. Please check the problem and fix it. 

Login to Me Too

taz1997
Contributor
Contributor

Did any of you get this problem solved? And if you did, what exactly did you do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.