Someone used one of my alt. e-mail addresses to create a PayPal account

jtobias2
New Community Member
Hi, So I was trying to claim money from Google Surveys and my account on there is connected to my Google account and e-mail (which I have had for years), but my PayPal account is under my original Yahoo! e-mail address. So as I was trying to link my Gmail to my PayPal account I got a message saying that my e-mail was linked to another account, which didn't make sense cause I only created one personal account with PayPal under my Yahoo e-mail. So when I tried to reset the password on the Gmail account, it had a number I did not recognize, so I ended up trying to reset the password through my e-mail. When I got the e-mail to reset the PayPal account password associated with my Gmail, it was in German, and they want to call and text the number on the account. I thought this was weird because I never used my Gmail for any PayPal. So, I ended up looking through my e-mail archives and discovered that someone from Germany had signed up with my Gmail in September of this year. I've tried calling the PayPal customer service number, but that was no help as it was all automated and I need to talk to someone to resolve this because I want to link my Gmail address to my personal PayPal and close whatever account was opened in my Gmail. I don't even know how this guy could even use my e-mail, doesn't he need to verify it or something? Cause when I found the old e-mails from PayPal, they were all unread, so how was he able to use my address without verification and how do I get use of my Gmail address back? Thank you, Justin
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.