Someone sent me an invoice but I do not owe on it....

SHill2
New Community Member

Hello:

Someone sent me an invoice but I do not owe on it....It was an E-Bay matter.  I paid for an item that I never received.  I sent multiple emails asking for assistance from this particular E-Bay seller but did not hear back. No tracking number was ever provided.  After not getting a response from the seller, I opened a case with E-Bay. E-Bay reviewed my case, and closed it in my favor because no tracking number was ever provided, thus, I received a refund. Now, the seller has gotten a hold of my personal email address (from E-Bay I am guessing) and has sent me an invoice.  But since I do not owe this amount for an item that was not received, what are my options?  I asked PayPal to remove the invoice but have not heard back. Should I just ignore the invoice I received? Will there be any penalties placed on me for not paying on this invoice?  What protections are there for me? I have the E-Bay case number. E-Bay resolved the issue in my favor.  But I am still getting harassed. I mean it is possible, the item was sent and I just never received it, but I am not going to pay when a tracking number was never provided. Any advice would be helpful.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SHill2

Ignore it, no one can force you to pay it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.