Sold a Box of Merchandise

MitchellDavies
Contributor
Contributor

I've been collecting a bunch of anime merchandise over sometime and bought them in wholesale because I could get doubles of stuff, it was easier and I could share them with friends if they wanted and So I'v sold the box of anime merchandise recently and it was shipped to the buyers location.

They have now made a claim that the merchandise is fake, this was not to my knowlegde, I thought they were real. I don't know if they are or not nor could I probably tell them apart, they claim I said they were real which I don't recall saying they were or not because to my knowlege they were legit and I didn't have to carify it (waiting on transcripts of conversation). They want a refund on the basis they said it wasn't as described which is untrue I described everything in the box, they even asked for more pictures which I was happy to supply to them.

If they turn out to be fake, we've both been cheated. I'm not sure where to go from here I currently can't aford to refund at the moment, I've probably waisted more money getting them myself to be honest.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MitchellDavies
Contributor
Contributor

I've asked if they have screenshot of me saying "they are real" then they provide it as evidense and also asked how do they know they are fake, this was for my personal preference so I don't get cheated again

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey MitchellDavies,

I'm sorry to hear about what's happened regarding the dispute and the merchandise, that definitely sounds frustrating. It sounds like you're gathering all the necessary details collected to submit to the case, and I would advise providing as much evidence and information as you can to support your side. We'll review the case and let you know the outcome via email. If you don't agree with the decision, you can appeal the case, but you'll have to provide additional evidence for us to review again. I hope this information helps, and good luck with your case!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

MitchellDavies
Contributor
Contributor

THanks for the reply, I've actually resolved this with the buyer out side of Paypal via email. After confronting the site I bought these from I found I was cheated and lied to. I have agreed to give them a full refund and I am pursuing legal action against the "business" that cheated me. The buyer and I are on good terms now, we're both just waiting for the claim to process so I can transfer their money back 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.