Shipping tracking number

Spinsimon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, My cash is on hold and the sender told me to add some shipping tracking number. Can someone help me with this?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Spinsimon
Contributor
Contributor

Well , I dont think I should bother the client again. I will just wait for the period to lapse as I try find some better means of payment. Thanks

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You are going to have to deal with temporary holds and other similar practices with any payment processor. This is simply because of the risk involved. If you have a good history of sales without disputes those holds will go away. You might as well just stick with PayPal and get through that early period of time with your account.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Spinsimon
Contributor
Contributor

I have never had a dispute since I started using PayPal. But I have had my money put on hold severally for no substantial reason

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
How long have you had your account? Is it fully verified with a bank account and a credit/debit card? Did you have a period of time where you didn't have many sales, and now sales have picked up again? Or maybe sales have increased recently..??

There are lots of variables involved for what triggers payment holds, and unfortunately digital goods are something that do get hit more often than other things, especially since you cannot provide a tracking number to prove delivery.

Again, though, if you switch to another payment processor you're going to run into similar issues, and you'll lose sales from the people that prefer to pay with PayPal.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.