Shipping tracking number

Spinsimon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, My cash is on hold and the sender told me to add some shipping tracking number. Can someone help me with this?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
I'm a little confused. Are you the one that shipped an item? So you mean the sender of the payment told you to add tracking info..??

Log in to your PayPal account, go to the Activity log, and click to view the details of the payment you received for this item. Inside that details page you'll find a link to add a tracking number.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Spinsimon
Contributor
Contributor

Look, my money is on hold and I am told putting a tracking number can solve. So where can I get the number. I have no idea what a tracking number is. Is it something I should compose?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Did you send money or receive money? If you received money and shipped an item, then the shipment tracking number is what you would add to the transaction details in PayPal to help get the funds released more quickly.

Login to Me Too

Spinsimon
Contributor
Contributor

Look, I received but my money is on hold and I am told putting a tracking number can solve. So where can I get the number. I have no idea what a tracking number is. Is it something I should compose?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Did you ship an item to somebody using a service like USPS, UPS, or FedEx? If so, that shipment would have a tracking number on it. That's what you need to add to the payment details in PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Spinsimon
Contributor
Contributor

It was some digital stuff, so no shipping was involved. But I understand it will help me get my money quickly

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Digital goods can be tricky since you can't prove delivery via a 3rd party tracking number. You could reach out to PayPal and provide any evidence you have of delivery in hopes they'll release the funds more quickly. It would be best to have some sort of a log from a 3rd party digital delivery service. Did you happen to use anything like that?

Login to Me Too

Spinsimon
Contributor
Contributor

Nop, its directly through mail. Nevertheless, the client has no problem with the payment. My worry is that I am still working with the client and Paypal is still holding any money sent by this client

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
If the client calls PayPal to verify they have received the goods that might help. Over time, the more payments you receive without disputes the less likely it will be that they get held temporarily.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.