Sent money to debit card 2 hours ago and still no money in my bank account

PapaHeresy
Contributor
Contributor
The estimate was 30 minutes and I've had no issues before and the money still isn't in my bank account do I have to wait until a business day??
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
I'm a little confused by what you've done here. You say you sent money to a debit card..?? What procedure did you use to do this?

In any case, yes, your bank probably won't be processing such transactions until the business day.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

PapaHeresy
Contributor
Contributor
I just connected my debit card and my bank to my PayPal and it has worked since
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Okay...so connecting your bank and debit card would allow you to use either one as a funding source for purchases, and you could use the Transfer Money tool to send cash back and forth between the PayPal account and the bank account, but there isn't a way to push money to a debit card and have that go into the bank, so that's where you're confusing me.

Technically, you could do that via the API using what's called a Non-Referenced Credit, and if you did that with a debit card then it would put the funds into the bank account.  I am not aware of any such feature in a standard PayPal account, though, so that's why I'm asking what procedure you used specifically to do that..??

Login to Me Too

PapaHeresy
Contributor
Contributor
No specific procedure again I just added it on there through the app
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Your subject of this thread says "Sent money to debit card and still no money in my bank account."

This sounds like you're trying to send cash from PayPal to your debit card, and expecting that to show up in your bank account..??

The procedure of adding the card to the account is one thing. What action did you try to actually "send money to the debit card"? That's the part that doesn't make sense.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220512K
Contributor
Contributor

let me help here @angelleye this is a new feature u might not be aware of when u take out money via the app u can do it in 1 of 2 ways 1 is a standard trasfer to banks takes a few days 2 is pay a small fee and with in a short amout of time they use your debit card to put it in your bank with in a hour or less (if i rember right) this is what @PapaHeresy is talking about also not totaly shure but it could take a few hours or evan a day if its not in your account by monday check with paypal also i know mine took a litel longer than it sayed and i have chase

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Interesting. Thanks for the clarification. Is this something that's only available in the mobile app?

EDIT:  Nevermind, I see this article mentions eligible cards would show up in the To drop down when doing a transfer.  Sorry I caused some confusion!

Login to Me Too

Temp20220512K
Contributor
Contributor

im not 100% shure but i think its only via the app 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.