Sent a friend 300 bucks, he never received anything or an email that he was sent money.

LuisG3
Contributor
Contributor
So I recently paid a friend 300 bucks and I sent it to his PayPal.Me. But he never received anything his balance says it’s at 0 and he also never get an email that he was sent money through PayPal. I never refunded the money I just sent it to him. Also, he had never used PayPal before and I sent him the money before he had linked a credit card and he didn’t realize that his phone and email were not verified. If you know something about this please reply asap.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hey, @LuisG3. Did he setup his own PayPal.me? If not, then it's most likely that you sent the payment to someone else's account.

Even if he did, it still sounds like it went to the wrong account. Please confirm by doing the following:

1. Log in to your PayPal account on PayPal's website.
  2. Click "Activity" near the top of the page.
  3. On the next page, click the transaction that needs confirming.
  4. Locate the recipient’s contact information and see if it matches your friends PayPal contact information.

If you find that the recipient's contact information does not match the person's PayPal contact information that you intended to send your payment to, then it is important that you contact the recipient first before you submit a dispute, using the contact information provided in the transaction and ask the recipient for a full refund. If they don't respond within a reasonable amount of time, then you must open a dispute within the timeframe noted in the transaction details. You can file a dispute by doing the following:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click on the "Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center" link that's towards the bottom of the page under "More about your account."
  3. Click "Dispute a Transaction" or "Report a Problem."
  4. Select the transaction you want to dispute, and then click "Continue."
  5. Select "I have a problem with an item I purchased" or "I want to report a transaction that I didn't authorize."
  6. Click "Continue."
  7. Follow the instructions to finish opening your dispute.

Let me know how it goes!

Also, did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

LuisG3
Contributor
Contributor
So I just checked in with the guy and he said the account info did match and it was indeed his account the one I sent the money to. I sent it to him but yet he has not received the balance. Also like I said, the guy did not have a credit card linked nor had his phone number or email verified but he did have his PayPal.Me setup (that’s why I was able to send it to him) and I did send it to the right person. Does the money get held for a certain amount of time before it gets sent? If you know anything let me know asap please and thank you.
Login to Me Too

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

All transactions should be seen under your "Activity." They would normally be "Pending" for 3-5 business days and it wouldn't be in the available balance until after that. If he doesn't see the transaction in his activity then I would recommend calling PayPal themselves to see what's going on and ask them if he should see it in his account. If he still doesn't see it after you call them, then you should initiate the dispute. New PayPal accounts are limited in terms of how much you can send and receive money. He can view hi account limitations/restrictions by doing the following:

1. Login to your PayPal.com account and go to the bottom of the page.
2. Click on "See how much you can send with PayPal" towards the bottom and the next page will direct you to your information on your account limitations.

Here's the link where you can reach PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact. The link for phone support is on the bottom left while the link for email support is on the bottom right. Queries are typically answered in the order received. You can also contact PayPal by going to their Twitter, at https://twitter.com/askpaypal, or Facebook, at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/?brand_redir=589464587749730, if you would like to. Keep in mind, if you don't message them on Facebook, that your post or tweet will or could be publicly visible.

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.