Sending money to friends and family

Mickie12
Contributor
Contributor

hi I would like to know if I send money to friends and family as a gift using my credit card will the person at the other end be able to see my card details  as I wouldn't like them to know my card details 

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

No, they wont be able to see your card details.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full#How_We_Share_Personal_Information_with_Other_P...

Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you using PayPal, or with the third parties that offer or use PayPal Services, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with credit card rules, a subpoena, or other legal process.

That paragraph is from the PayPal link posted above. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

The gift should be available instantly. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

No, they wont be able to see your card details.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full#How_We_Share_Personal_Information_with_Other_P...

Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you using PayPal, or with the third parties that offer or use PayPal Services, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with credit card rules, a subpoena, or other legal process.

That paragraph is from the PayPal link posted above. 

Login to Me Too

Mickie12
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that and also I would like to ask but they've received the  money instantly 

Login to Me Too
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

The gift should be available instantly. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.