Sending Money Goods & Services

tlb-2016
Contributor
Contributor

As a US seller on eBay, if one of my international buyers files a SNAD dispute, eBay requires the seller either send the buyer a pre-paid return label OR send the buyer sufficient funds for the buyer to purchase their own label.

If I were to send a buyer money via Send Money (Goods & Services) for the buyer to purchase a label in order to return an item and that person does not use the money as intended (to purchase a label), can I file a dispute with Paypal in order to recover the funds that are sent?   Would Paypal reverse the payment back into my account? 

I've called and asked Paypal to which they said no, there would be no protection.  Just wanted to double check here if that is accurate. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No sender protection for sending money as friends/family.

The recipient can do whatever the reicpient wants with the funds.  You cannot attach restrictions to money sent as friends/family

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

No sender protection for sending money as friends/family.

The recipient can do whatever the reicpient wants with the funds.  You cannot attach restrictions to money sent as friends/family

she is thinking of sending payment via goods and service ,not friend and family

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The topic is much discussed at eBay forums and are much concern for sellers at eBay.  An eBay mod there by the screen name of Triton, said what you said would be the procedure, to file dispute as item not received and that PayPal would require a tracking number like they would in any INR case.  Now you say that PayPal say they won't cover it, that will be news to them.

The discussion is here.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@tlb-2016 wrote:

As a US seller on eBay, if one of my international buyers files a SNAD dispute, eBay requires the seller either send the buyer a pre-paid return label OR send the buyer sufficient funds for the buyer to purchase their own label.

If I were to send a buyer money via Send Money (Goods & Services) for the buyer to purchase a label in order to return an item and that person does not use the money as intended (to purchase a label), can I file a dispute with Paypal in order to recover the funds that are sent?   Would Paypal reverse the payment back into my account? 

I've called and asked Paypal to which they said no, there would be no protection.  Just wanted to double check here if that is accurate. 

if a case of INAD is filed on Ebay from an overseas buyer ,and you sent him fund for return shipping via goods and merchandise and he spent it elsewhere.

WHat can the seller do?

First it depends on how you describe the payment ?do you say postage/shipping label or description of the item he bought from you?

if you open a case of item not received.

Paypal robot will ask him to upload tracking to shows it has been delivered to you,of course he does not have any tracking to upload,then he loses and the payment will be refunded to you.

Which is fair,since he did not use it to return your item,he has no right to keep that amount.

Paypal robot does not read description,whether it is for shipping label or item/

He may appeal if he knows how Paypal works,pointing out there is nothing to deliver,but he may not,the worse is that he wins and you dont get the money back.

Now,if he did not buy shipping,it is unlikely he intends to return the item,so the INAD case is still open and it will eventually close in your favor since he changes his mind and he decides to keep the item.

To win the INAD case,he has to return the item with tracking.

But then he could return an empty box with tracking,it is hard to say and win the case?

where is this buyer and what is the item     

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.