Scammed On PayPal and Losing the Dispute

droppedpvp
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed on paypal for $100 for virtual items, the user literally told me that he scammed me and so I filed a dispute, however the dispute was listed as missing parts or pieces so I lost the dispute even though the seller never responded to it. There is now no way to open a new one, and the user keeps threatening me and will not give me back my $100. If you know any way that I could get a part of full refund please help. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What did you buy?

How did you pay?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@droppedpvp

If you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mikess22
New Community Member

I had the same thing happen to me, although they made a $100 and a $200 ourchase of Xbox Live Virtual items through Newegg.  Both of my claims have been denied because Paypal said they were "authorized"

Login to Me Too

droppedpvp
Contributor
Contributor

I payed via paypal, not card

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@droppedpvp

Yes i know you paid with paypal, that was pretty obvious but what i actually advised you was  >>

If you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

droppedpvp
Contributor
Contributor

Like i said no, i payed with a paypal balance 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.