Scam?

White3
New Community Member

Hi, so this buyer on eBay just bought a product from me and he sent his payment through PayPal and it's still pending. I'm a little concerned because this guy is a new buyer on eBay and this is his first purchase. Even though the payment hasn't gone through has been very pushy on me to try and get it shipped tomorrow. Of course, I would never send an item without the payment being confirmed but I was mainly wondering if after the payment is confirmed can the payment bounce back or does PayPal have a safety net for that kind of stuff. In other words when a payment is confirmed and on hold in your account can it be revoked in any way from someone not having the money?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi White3,

Thanks for reaching out to our Community forum. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with a pending payment, but I'm happy to help in any way I can. If a payment is pending, it means you haven't officially received the funds yet. If this is the case, the buyer can still cancel this payment. If it shows it's in the account but is on hold, that is money you have already received, and the buyer's only option is to dispute it with PayPal or their financial institution. I hope this information helps! Have a great rest of your day.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.