Scam emails

S0V3REI6N
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I keep letting scam emails about account issues and account deleted. The link they always leave has the periods in PayPals website replaced with commas. The whole email is rather convincing and my email provider(Hotmail) even list the email as being from a trusted sender. Is there anyway to talk to someone to report these emails and possibly send copies to someone. I hate the thought that someone else may be falling for these.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Reporting options:

* Forward the entire email to:    spoof@paypal.com.
* Do not alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment.
* Delete the suspicious email from your inbox.
* Never click on any links within the email or open any attachments.

You can also forward the email to the FTC - see the Report Spam info on this page.

As far as speaking with a person about your concerns - you can contact PayPal's Customer Support however, they will most likely redirect you to forward the email to their spoof address.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Reporting options:

* Forward the entire email to:    spoof@paypal.com.
* Do not alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment.
* Delete the suspicious email from your inbox.
* Never click on any links within the email or open any attachments.

You can also forward the email to the FTC - see the Report Spam info on this page.

As far as speaking with a person about your concerns - you can contact PayPal's Customer Support however, they will most likely redirect you to forward the email to their spoof address.

Login to Me Too

S0V3REI6N
Contributor
Contributor
Awesome! thank you!
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

edited to remove duplicate response.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.