Scam?? Fraud??

sellitallalice
Contributor
Contributor

I just noticed that my Visa credit card has charges from PayPal with a name I have never heard of.  I can't find any trace of these trasactions in my PayPal account.  My PayPal balance has plenty in it to cover these charges so why debit my credit card?  So far I have found 3 of these charges.  I have called customer service but only go automated answers which were NO help.  Shouldn't I be able to track these payment thru PayPal??  Help Please

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you made in-person or on-line purchases directly with your bank credit card they will not show up on PayPal; they will be on your credit card statement.  

Login to Me Too

sellitallalice
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that but this comes on my Visa stating PayPal a name I can not locate.  I assumed that when paying thru PayPal my credit card would only be used if my balance was low.  Strange!  These payments do not show on my PayPal activity.  There is a phone number after the name on my Visa statement.  They answer as PayPal but ask for personal  information that seemed a little too much.  I have had a PayPal account for 20 years and never had this happen.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Search for the merchant names in your email inbox.  You should have gotten email notifications from PayPal that contain matching  info on to your card statement.  Or look up the date of the charge in your PayPal activity page for any related transactions.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sellitallalice
Contributor
Contributor

I assumed that when ever I pay by PayPal the money comes from my PayPal account unless the balance is low.  My balance has never been low and my Visa is not a PayPay card.  It is listed to be used only if my balance is low.  I have searched my PayPal activities and they don't show up.  I am the only one with this PayPal account and the only one with the password.  So far I have found 4 of these purchases on my Visa card.  I have tried to look up the reciver of this money to no avail.  The number listed beside the transaction answers as PayPal but asked for so much personal info I thought is was a scam.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.