Sandbox app error "We're sorry. We can't complete your purchase at this time" with no code change.

awd
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I configured my web app with PayPal sandbox.

It worked fine. I was so pleased I got it working. It worked every time I tried with my sandbox credentials, whether using the sandbox PayPal account or the sandbox credit card.

Without changing ANY of the code, this morning, a test payment via the sandbox VISA card results in an error message saying "We're sorry. We can't complete your purchase at this time. Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay."

Using the sandbox PayPal account works, but the sandbox credit card suddenly doesn't.

This obviously gives me no faith that this will work if moved to production/live mode.

What can have gone wrong?

Who can I ask?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

awd
Contributor
Contributor

The seller profile in my account settings has Negative Testing OFF, by the way.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dustin

Hi @awd,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the sandbox credit card. I would recommend posting in the Merchant Integration Technical Support Community, and/or checking to see if there is an existent thread that answers your question. Hope this helps. 🙂 

- Dustin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.