SCAMMED!!!! what can I do? Please help

schk
Contributor
Contributor
I feel totally embarrassed and felt like it could never happen to me. But unfortunately I was scammed and now I have a negative PayPal balance of over $5,000! It started when I got a "job offer" as a text proof reader, then after I completed some jobs with that, that job got put on "hold". I was then asked to be come a Representative for a company called eMag. My gut feeling told me not to do it and I emailed and told them I wasn't interested, then I emailed them back and said I was. It involves them selling items on eBay and money going into my PayPal account. When item was shipped and money was released to me on paypal I transferred to my bank. And had to send cash through mail to "Toriana Wellington" in New York. I went through with everything. Then to my surprise something was shipped but not to the person who actually bought the item. Then thI buyer from eBay filed dispute and now I'm left with over -$5,000 in PayPal. Is there anything, ANYTHING I can do??? Please help Thanks
Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

211976ds
Contributor
Contributor
Do not send any money! The buyer will file a dispute with eBay and then get a refund and leave you in the negative.
Login to Me Too

A444
Contributor
Contributor
Okay thank you for the warnings.
Login to Me Too

211976ds
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. What finally happened? If you don't mind me asking.
Login to Me Too

MissyNique
Contributor
Contributor

That seems to be EXACTLY what is happening to me as I type this post. As a "representative" for Zentrada.pl, I was advised through either a very brief phone call or email, that I am to accept payment from an EBay buyer through PayPal. Once the money becomes available for withdrawal, I am to send the money in cash (minus my 5%) to (address removed by moderator). However, the buyer is now disputing the product was never received, so FORTUNATELY the funds are put on hold. The dispute occurred BEFORE the release of funds (which would have occurred today). I think they misjudged the timeframe. I have left several messages on the numbers provided (phone number removed by moderator) and (phone number removed by moderator) and left several email messages at Zentrada.pl as well. The calls go straight to voicemail and no response to the emails. 

It certainly has a "scam" feel to it. Do not give in to the bait. They hook you with an initial LETTER PROOFREADER job first (of which I was never paid because right after that they offer the REPRESENTATIVE position). The opportunity came through Indeed.com andiInitially, they seem legit and of their word, but now that there is a dispute, where are they. I'm just glad PayPal delayed releasing the funds to me because (dummy me) I would have sent the cash. Then I'd really be in big trouble ($8259.00 worth of trouble). Instead, all I'll have to pay is PayPal's fee of $239. I believe the buyers are in on the scam because there is no complaint against me on EBay, just PayPal. 

Shame on these people. They prey on individuals who try to do business honestly, but who also need the money. It's not a get rich quick scheme, but it is a scheme non the less. They have been working on me for a month. There was not much information on the company and nothing negative, until I looked up "Toriana Wellington"; the individual whose supposed to receive the money...then WOW! Shame on these people! They think they are getting away with such deceit, but they will pay (either in this life or the next).

Login to Me Too

211976ds
Contributor
Contributor
A scam indeed. Toriana Wellington is exactly where I sent the money I was scammed out of. Good thing PayPal put a hold on the funds. And you're right, I think the buyers are in the the scam as well. Go to the FBI website and file a complaint with her babe and address. They have to do something about this!
Login to Me Too

chapstout
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately for me; they already got me because I was gullible for not checking this out and I took a blind leap into this mess.

The hold did take effect for a few days then PayPal released the funds and I did what I thought was honest by working diligently for the money to get to Toriana Wellington. I'm still hoping it is not a scam…

will keep this updated.

Login to Me Too

211976ds
Contributor
Contributor
It is a scam! You and I are not the only ones this is happened too with her name.
Login to Me Too

chapstout
Contributor
Contributor

How ar you resolving or has resolved all this?

now I have to return all that money to PayPal !!!!

i hope they have insurance for these sort of things?

Login to Me Too

Alzavictim
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone reported Toriana? Or found any avenue for resolution for these charge backs? I'm in the same situation under alza. Cz and I have 3 cases opened against me at this point.
Login to Me Too

chapstout
Contributor
Contributor

I've had countless conversations so far but no results.  What I did first was try to report it to my local police station but they could not do anything because according to the police there is no statue under which they could file a report since I voluntarily sent the money.  Between PayPal and eBay there was just this ping pong communication between me and both companies.

i did receive a notice from PayPal that my account was suspended.

The only move I'm thinking of before time runs out is to reach to the post office that was suppose to get a signature when delivery was made, but they did not do that.  I may have a case there.  I want to reach out to PayPal once more since I'm in their radar.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.