Reversing service fee from a personal payment request

gag2man
Contributor
Contributor

I just installed the PP app on my phone and requested a reimbursement from a friend for a round of golf that I paid for.  The app didn't indicate whether or not I would be charged a fee.  I was.  I didn't see anything indicating that the payment request was for a personal payment.  How/can I have the fees reversed?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It seems that when one sends a request for money it is automatically paid a goods/sevices and thenthe recipient is charged a fee.  If you want to fee removed, youneed to refund the payment.  You will be left with just the $0.30 fee. 

You need to determine if the risk of non-payment is worth.  You would need ask the other part to re-send the money to your email as friends/family.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It seems that when one sends a request for money it is automatically paid a goods/sevices and thenthe recipient is charged a fee.  If you want to fee removed, youneed to refund the payment.  You will be left with just the $0.30 fee. 

You need to determine if the risk of non-payment is worth.  You would need ask the other part to re-send the money to your email as friends/family.

Login to Me Too

gag2man
Contributor
Contributor

So, it seems that I can't requst money through PP without them thinking it's for a sale, and charging the vig.   So, for future reference, I should just tell anyone who owes me funds via email or in person and not use the app to request $, so PP doesn't get their paws on my dough.  Lesson learned.  Thanks for the speedy reply.  4 Stars.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.