Returned a $560 Security Camera back to Bestbuy but the money went to close Paypal Account

AssassinC1234
New Community Member

So on, Jan 23rd, I brought a Security Camera that cost $561.20 with Paypal that has my PC Mastercard on it. Later, on Jan 30 - I closed my paypal account because I was not going to use it.

Jan 31, I returned the product back to bestbuy for a refund of $561.20 but the money did not go back to my mastercard.(Where the money went to?) The Paypal account is closed and I can't do anything about it. Paypal told me I have to wait 30 days for my new credit card statement and I'll get my refund. 

February 2nd, PC Mastercard gave me a new mastercard due to security problems. 

It is 2018-02-21, and I don't have $560 dollar back to my mastercard! I am thinking to open a small claim court against paypal for losing my money or my bank.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
So you used a MasterCard as the funding source for the transaction when you made the purchase from Best Buy? Or did you just use PayPal with a PayPal balance?

Hassling with small claims court is going to cost you more than $560 in time/energy/fees. Nobody is trying to take your money here. I think even you would admit it's a bit of a unique situation. You JUST used the account. Why would you close it thinking you won't be using it?

Anyway, when is the last time you talked to PayPal on the phone about this? Were they able to verify they see the refunded transaction?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AssassinC1234

Thats one option but as it was you that closed your account not sure it will work.

Why not reach out to customer services again and ask them to set up a 'trace'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.